Utah Watercolor Society 2018 Small Works Exhibition
2017 Small Works Exhibition Best of Show Chessman Columbines by Roland Lee
June 22 - July 15
Red Butte Gardens, Salt Lake City, Utah
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES – May 15, 2018, 8:00pm
All Entrants must read and adhere to all guidelines outlined in the UWS 2018 Small Works Exhibition Prospectus, with special attention paid to the "Terms and Conditions" for entry. Please note that all paintings must reflect the mission of Red Butte Gardens.
Click the links below to review the guidelines. The links will open in a new browser tab to allow for review during the online entry process.
Directions for Online Entry
Online entry is through Art Call. If you haven’t used it before, or would like a refresher, here is a link to the ArtCall illustrated instructions:
Step 1: Image Capture.
Before beginning registration, you will need a high quality digital image for each painting.
- Do not include mat or frame in your submitted image.
- Set your digital camera or personal device to a high-quality setting to take the photo. If using a newer model personal device or cell phone, recommend transferring a LARGE image to a computer for adjustment, as overall image size cannot exceed 4MB.
- Open, level, crop and adjust your image as appropriate. You may need to adjust the longest side of your image to between 1920 pixels (smallest) and 4600px (largest).
- Save your image(s) for later retrieval.
- Image sizing assistance is available before May 10, 2018.
- Step 2: Create User Account.
To create your unique user account, go to https://uws2018smallworkexhibition.artcall.org
Select “Register” in the upper right of your screen.
- All Entrants must have a valid email address to enter.
- Fill in all appropriate fields; then create your user account.
- You may optionally add a short biography statement in your user account.
Step 3: Payment.
Log in to the account you just created. ArtCall requires payment before submitting entry details and uploading images.
- You can pay using a credit card on this same secure site.
- You may pay for two entries at once, or submit one at a time.
- Contact the Exhibition Coordinator, email@example.com, if payment by check is your only option (May 10th is the deadline for receiving check payments).
- No entry fee refunds will be issued once payment is received.
Step 4: Input Entry Specifics.
After paying, follow the prompts to input your entry information for title, category, media, size, price, and artist’s statement. The artist’s statement is optional.
- If you are entering multiple works for consideration, enter painting details for all entries.
Note: All paintings must be for sale; you must list a reasonable price.
Step 5: Image Upload.
Upload your high-quality image(s) from your computer, smart phone, or other personal device.
- Size criteria will be displayed. If your image does not meet the required specifications (i.e. too large or too small), you will receive a notice to make adjustments.
- Once your image upload finishes, select the blue View Final Submission button at the bottom left of the screen, to verify your entry.
- Step 6: Verify Entry.
After selecting View Final Submission, you will be taken back to your submission page.
- If all is well, you will see a small icon-sized view of your painting image with your entry submission.
- If your image upload was not successful, you will see a warning that no image is attached to your entry.
- To review your entry details, select the blue icon that looks like a bulleted list.
- If you need to make any changes, click on the orange Edit icon at the far right column of the entry.
Repeat Steps 2-5 for additional entries, as appropriate.
You will be able to access and make changes to your submissions up until the entry deadline.
- Once finished, you can verify your entry from your main login page.
- To later edit your entry or entries, go back to the same website and click the blue Login button.
- Enter your email and password to open your user account.
- If you wish to change an entry, select the Edit option to change entry details.
- If you want to change the image, select the red trashcan option under the image. Then upload a new image. Do NOT delete the entire entry (trashcan on the far right).
- If you inadvertently click the wrong trashcan button, you will be given a warning and asked if you wish to continue. Select Cancel.
- To re-enter a deleted submission, you will need to contact the Exhibition Coordinator to avoid being charged another entry fee.
?Note: If you think you may struggle with either the online entry process and/or need image preparation assistance, we have a team ready to help! However, your deadline comes a week early. Please be courteous and plan ahead. Contact the UWS Exhibition Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org before May 10, 2018.
Al Rounds' transparent watercolors register a beautiful familiarity with the world we all love. They carry us over a distance of miles and years, which speak of history revisited and of lives well-lived. Scouring back roads and country lanes, searching for the past, Al Rounds continues to capture a particular reverence for the pride of a place
More questions? Contact the Exhibition Coordinator, email@example.com